National Breastfeeding Awareness Week
|June 21, 2010||Posted by Luschka under Awareness Weeks|
As you may be aware, this week is National Breastfeeding Awareness Week, a Department ofÂ Health initiative that has been running since 1993 with the aim of promoting breastfeeding.
The objectives of the campaign are simply to raise awareness of the health beneftis of breastfeeding for both mothers and babies, and to encourage support of breastfeeding. Furthermore, the campaign hopes to promote social acceptance of breastfeeding in public.
The Department of Health would like women to recognise their right to breastfeed at any time and in any place.
There will be a lot of activity in the web-o-sphere this week as bloggers and lactivists and health officials work towards this goal.
On Diary of a First Child you’ll find a lot of information, personal experience and breastfeeding-related giveaways this week. I will update this post with information as it is added, so check back regularly to see what’s happening!
Articles I’ve written about breastfeeding:
- For the Love of Breasts
- Lactation Cookies – Biscuits that improve your breast milk supply
- It Would Have Been Nice to Know
- Five Great Things About Breast Milk
- Mother’s Milk Tea
Giveaways relating to breastfeeding:
- Nursing Bra Giveaway
- Mamascarf Feeding Cover Giveaway
- Feeding Necklace Giveaway
- Breastfeeding Bracelet Giveaway
Other great NBAW bloggers and carnivals to check out:
- Support for Women – fantastic personal stories about the good and the bad of breastfeeding
- Glowstars – supporting NBAW
- Lactivist.Net – plenty of giveaways and breastfeeding information